1. Roughly chopped a small onion, a stick of celery, two cloves of garlic and two rashers of streaky smoked bacon (Cornish of course).
2. Gently fry in a dash of olive oil until very lightly golden.
3. Add slices of mutton.
4. Add a tin of green ‘bijoux vert’ lentils (drained) or a similar quantity of par boiled green or brown lentils. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Add a healthy dash of white wine or vermouth. Simmer hard until the alcohol has burned off.
6. Turn down the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
7. Make a quantity of quick cook polenta. Add a dash of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
8. To serve spread a base of the wet polenta onto warmed plates, dollop the mutton and lentils on top. Eat.